Friday 17 January 2014

Welcome to the Life of Riley!

So, here we are.  I'm Riley, married to Sheldon (not his real name), living in a motorhome in Australia.  At present I am in Tasmania, getting ready to hit the road.  Where we will end up is anybody's guess.

I am currently working on my second Bachelor's degree at the University of Tasmania, having graduated from my first last year.  Sheldon and I have 3 grown sons, (J, B & N), and 1 granddaughter (S), and 2 grandsons (K & B).  Sheldon is on a disability pension, due to a degenerative bone disorder which is eating his spine away.

Now we have that out of the way, let's get down to what this blog is about.  Or rather, what it isn't.  It is not going to be a soapbox for political, religion or any other majorly divisive issues - I may talk about them, but I'm not going to come out guns blazing.  Not that I don't, and won't go boots and all on rants, I will, but they will likely be limited to things like "Why can't I find clothes/shoes that fit me?".  I'll talk about the journey to getting on the road, the journey once we get on the road, things I wonder about, clothes and beauty.

The latter two make up the majority of my blog list for daily perusal; actually, I only have one beauty blog in the list, and even that isn't purely a beauty blog; it's a life and beauty blog.  Truth be told, all of the blogs I read have a fair bit of 'life' in them, none are restricted to just one topic.

Posting is going to be sporadic - some weeks there may be no posts, and then I may post 2 or 3 times in a day.  It will all depend on what takes my fancy on any given day, and what my internet situation is.

So, get comfy, buckle up and hang on - it's going to be a long ride...........

No comments:

Post a Comment